Living without your natural teeth isn’t easy. And it can be even harder if you get removable dentures to replace your missing teeth. No matter how much time and effort are put into the dentures, they’ll never quite be the same as your original, natural teeth. So, what’s the solution? PermaDent is the closest option for many people in Southern California, we offer full mouth rehabilitation services to our patients, using implants supported permanent dentures. We do everything to the best of our abilities, so that your new teeth look and feel just like the natural ones. If you’re in South Bay area and need to find the best dentist that’s the near by, then you can’t go wrong with us.
What are All-on-4, 5, 6, and 8 Dental Implants
An implant supported prosthesis is the ultimate method for permanently replacing your missing teeth, using up to eight in each jaw. The best thing about these prostheses is that you get an implant for each missing tooth. In short, you may not need a full replacement. A minimum of four are sufficient for supporting a complete set of dentures themselves.
Here’s how Full Mouth Implants Rehabilitation Work
With implant supported prostheses, there can be all-on-four, all-on-five, all-on-six, or all-on-eight implants placed in each jaw. These support a removable or fixed set of dentures. All-on-four Implant Prostheses are the most commonly used. These are the kind wherein two implants are placed in the front of the jaw. The remaining two are placed in the back at a 45 degree angle. In cases where increased support and retention for the prosthesis is required, six or even eight can be placed in the jaw. However, this practice is not very common, as an increased number of implants require a greater volume and thickness of the jaw bones.
Who could use Full Mouth restoration?
Generally, people who seek to replace their missing teeth with dental implants are suitable candidates for getting any form of the prostheses. Implant supported dentures are ideal in the following cases:
- For Complete Mouth Reconstruction – Looking for complete mouth rehabilitation of your upper or lower jaw? We recommend multiple teeth implant prostheses for supported dentures.
- For Complete Smile Makeover – Do you want your smile to look beautiful again? These could be your best chance to impress people with your new smile.
- For Completely Reabsorbed Bone – Conventional implants cannot be placed in your mouth if your jawbone is not thick enough. In these cases, providing complete mouth reconstruction with full mouth implant prostheses is quite feasible, and are preferred over other tooth replacement options.
How are these Permanent Dentures implanted?
Fabrication and placement of All-on-4, 5, 6, or 8 implants is carried out in two phases. The first phase involves the placement procedure, while the second phase consists of loading them into your jaw with a suitable prosthesis.
- Placement of Dental Implants – Our dentists will make sure that you are completely pain-free and comfortable by administering local anesthesia. For extremely anxious or worried patients, conscious sedation may also be considered. The surgical procedure is initiated by making an incision over the soft tissue overlying the jaw bone where the implants need to be inserted. A surgical flap is raised, and a small hole is drilled in the jaw for implant placement. The implants are then screwed into position while applying controlled forces.
- Implant Loading – Conventionally, a complete denture would be fixed to the implants by using an abutment, once complete healing of the surgical site has occurred. However, new dental techniques now allow dentistry experts to immediately load them into the jaw with a suitable prosthesis. In the case of immediate implant loading, the dentures and their abutments are prepared before they are placed and immediately inserted once the initial surgery is completed.
Benefits of Full Arch Dental Implants
Implant supported prostheses have several advantages over conventional prostheses, such as dentures and bridges. Here are a few reasons why:
- Convenience – You enjoy the durability, strength and comfort of dental implants that is combined with the Aesthetics of fixed or removable partial dentures. This means that you can eat and speak naturally, and feel just like you used to.
- Quick Esthetic Results – Unlike the conventional options which require several months before a prosthesis can be placed over them, All-on-4, 5, 6, or 8 Implant Supported Prosthesis can be immediately loaded with new teeth. You can enjoy a beautiful smile in just one day!
- Durability – Unlike conventional dentures which need to be repaired or replaced frequently, implant supported prostheses are incredibly durable. If you look after your oral hygiene properly, you can expect these impressive inventions to last for a lifetime.
- Quick Recovery – We make sure to perform as minimal surgery for the placement as possible. This is done to ensure that procedure is quick, and is followed by a complete and speedy recovery.
- No Need for Bone Grafting – A bone grafting procedure is not required in case of implant supported prosthesis, since they can be placed where the quality and quantity of bone is less pronounced. Usually, the effects of bone resorption are very mild in the front portion of the jaw bone. Therefore, the two implants in the front are quite stable, and are effective in retaining the prosthesis. The implants at the back are usually placed at an angle. This means that they can be placed in events where there is even less space between the upper and lower jaw bone than usual. We can even use mini-implants for the same purpose in certain situations.
We are located in Torrance, minutes away from Redondo Beach, CA. Call us today for an appointment. For more information about dental implants, click here.